Interested in an academic career? Not sure how to get there? Or what to expect when you arrive?
Join us for WISER’s presentation of Women in Academia; an evening of small, round-table discussions with some of the U of A’s finest women faculty members in a festive atmosphere. Use this personalized setting to learn how these ladies achieved their careers goals and gain perspective on how you can be successful in your pursuit of an academic career.
- Dr. Janet Elliott, Canada Research Chair in Thermodynamics, Chemicals and Materials Engineering
- Dr. Rachel Milner, Faculty Service Officer, Biochemistry
- Dr. Renee Elio, Associate Vice President Research, Computing Sciences
- Dr. Maya Shmulevitz, Assistant Professor, Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- Dr. Sharon Morsink, Associate Chair (Graduate Studies), Physics
WISER invites you to a fun-filled evening at Steeps Tea Lounge!
Steeps offers a wide variety of fresh steeped tea, snacks, and board games. This is a great opportunity to get to know your peers better outside of a professional setting. This is as much about strengthening support networks as it is about building new networks. So drop by for a drink and chat for awhile!
WISEST (Women in Scholarship, Engineering, Science and Technology) is pleased to invite you our annual industry mixer.
On October 13, the undergraduate student group (UA-WiSE) and early-career professional community (WISER) will be brought together with representatives from industry, government, academia and supporting organizations.
This year we are excited to feature as our keynote speaker, Dr. Jacqueline Shan, Chief Scientific Officer of Afexa Life Sciences, who will share inspirational stories about her career path.
Join us for a fabulous evening of networking with the broader innovation community, exploring career options, connecting with mentors, and be inspired by engaging speakers.
Thank you to our sponsors!
- TEC Edmonton
- Edmonton Economic Development Corporation
- Afexa Life Sciences