We are looking for mentors for the program right now. If you are eligible as a mentor, please apply through the link here.
Application closes midnight August 24!
Our organizations believe that promoting diversity in STEM is not a matter of political correctness, rather it is the key to growth and innovation. Consequently, we host a mentorship program that connects women and other underrepresented individuals in STEM with mentors who can help to foster professional development, and personal discovery.
- Experienced mentors will be matched with STEM undergraduates or early career professionals based on their future goals or areas of expertise.
- The program requires a time commitment of 12 hours total for three catered events (roughly two hours per event), as well as roughly six hours for meeting independently.
Dates of mandatory formal events
- Thursday, October 3, 2019. Introduction Event; this is the launch event to introduce the trios and provide essential training to complete the program.
- Thursday, January 16, 2020. The Speed Networking workshop; this workshop will give the participants opportunities to work on their networking skills and to expand their networks.
- Thursday, March 12, 2020. Panel Discussion; the panel discussion will allow participants to ask and dialogue with experienced professionals in the academia, industry, and government. The topic of the discussion will be decided by the program participants. A survey will be sent out throughout the program.
We are looking forward to an exciting new program year with our trios! If you have any concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The UA-WiSE/WISER Mentorship Program is proudly sponsored by Shell Canada.