“The applications for 2018-2019 Program are now closed. The applications for 2019-2020 will be posted in August 2019. If you were not selected this year, do not worry! We sincerely invite you to apply again next year.”
We are pleased to announce that 22 trios have been formed through the applications this year! This is by far the highest number of trios that we made since the program has launched. Thanks to our organizing committee and sponsors that help us promote the program.
Dates of mandatory formal events
- Thursday, October 2, 2018. This is the launch event to introduce the trios and provide essential training to complete the program.
- Thursday, January 17, 2019. The “Speed Networking” workshop will give the participants opportunities to work on their networking skills and to expand their networks.
- Thursday, March 26, 2019. The panel discussion will allow participants to ask and dialogue with experienced professionals in the academia, industry, and government. The topic of the discussion will be decided by the program participants. A survey will be sent out throughout the program.
Statistics about applicants this year
- We have received over 100 applications: 25 are mentors and 96 are mentees.
- Out of 22 trios, 4 are government-focused, 10 are industry-centered, and 8 are currently in the academia.
- The most common field of the mentees applicants is computer science/engineering (48%), followed by health/life science (34%), then Physical Sciences (11%), and others (5%).
- 5% of our applicants are in or have interest in fields such as psychology, public health, economics, finance, and communications.
We are looking forward to an exciting new program year with our trios! If you have any concerns, please email email@example.com. The UA-WiSE/WISER Mentorship Program is proudly sponsored by Shell Canada.